Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are a chewy, old-fashioned peanut butter cookie recipe. The mini chocolate chips & peanuts really make this recipe!
Originally published 5/4/17. Updated with new photos and tips 2/23/19.
I’m often hesitant to a share recipe for a food that already has a million recipes out there – like peanut butter cookies.
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are so good that I decided it was worth it to make it one million and one recipes.
The cookies don’t have the traditional cross-hatch design that most peanut butter cookies have. Instead, they’re made like a regular drop cookie.
These cookies also have chopped peanuts and mini chocolate chips. I love crunch peanut butter, so I really like the combination of crunchy peanut butter with the chopped peanuts.
How to make peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
Begin by beating the butter and peanut butter together until well-combined. Either chunky or creamy peanut butter will work in this recipe.
Add the sugars, and beat in until well-combined.
Mix in the egg and vanilla until combined.
Add the dry ingredients, and mix in just until combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped peanuts.
Drop 1.5 tablespoon scoops (medium cookie scoops) of dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
Bake cookies until light golden brown around the edges and soft in the middle. 7uuiujujki
Can I use natural peanut butter?
I love natural peanut butter, but I don’t recommend it for this recipe. These cookies really work best with a regular peanut butter.
Do I need to flatten the cookies?
I’ve gently flattened the cookies and made them without flattening. It didn’t seem to make much of a difference either way.
Can I use regular chocolate chips?
Sure! The mini chips just add a little extra oopmh without making the cookies chocolaty.
You can use regular or jumbo chocolate chips instead. You can also use chocolate chunks, if you prefer.
More peanut butter cookie recipes!
- Oatmeal Cookies with Peanut Butter Filling
- Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies
If you’ve tried this peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter (at cool room temperature)
- 1/2 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter (not natural)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped lightly salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips¹
- In a large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter together.
- Add sugars, and beat until well-combined.
- Mix in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Stir in chopped nuts and mini chips, if using.
- Cover, and chill dough for 1 hour, or until firm. Don't skip this step, or the cookies will bake out.
- Toward the end of the chilling time, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Scoop out 1.5 tablespoons of dough and place on prepared cookie sheet 2 inches apart. I've slightly flattened the cookies and left them as-is, and it doesn't seem to make much difference.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned and middles are set.
- Can sub regular-sized or jumbo chocolate chips or chunks.
- Nutrition values are estimates.