These Fudgy Caramel Egg Brownies are decadent. Like I can’t even handle the decadence, decadent. But you totally can and you’ll totally want to eat the whole pan. Hi guys! Des from Life’s Ambrosia here again. This time I am bringing you this recipe for Fudgy Caramel Egg Brownies. They are brownies baked with a layer of caramel filled eggs and then topped with a thick layer of dark chocolate ganache.
In the coming weeks I bet you’re going to find yourself with an abundance of Easter candy. I’m really not sure which holiday we eat more candy: Easter or Halloween. They could be tied, I’m not sure. Maybe we just eat a lot of candy. What I am sure of however, is that those caramel filled eggs that pop up on the shelves around Easter time are kind of my jam.
Brownies are also my jam.
Brownies with a layer caramel filled eggs and dark chocolate ganache are the jam of all jams. And that’s why I’m sharing them with you today.
One thing I love about brownies is how easy they are to make. You only need one bowl, a whisk, a wooden spoon and a baking dish. These brownies do however, require a little bit of time because of the ganache. Sure, they would be fantastic right after the ganache hardens but let me tell you a secret. After you cover them and put them in the refrigerator for a few hours they become out of this world.
Fudgy. Decadent. Everything a good brownie should be.
Just make sure that you keep them out of reach of little hands. They will for sure try to snatch them!
Can Brownies be Cooked in a Microwave?
Brownies can be cooked in a Microwave.
Place brownie batter in a microwave safe dish.
Microwave on high until brownies are just set in center, 4 to 7 minutes, depending on power and size of your oven.
After 4 minutes, if the brownies aren’t set, check every 15 seconds till done.
Will Brownies Keep at Room Temperature?
Fully cooked brownies will last a week or more at room temperature.
Wrap tightly it keep the air out.
Air will dry brownies and make them crumble.
Fudgy Caramel Egg Brownies
Fudgy Caramel Egg Brownies
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 - 5 Caramel Filled Eggs chilled and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Easter sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Leave some hanging over the sides so you can easily lift the brownies from the pan.
- In a bowl whisk together melted butter and cocoa powder until smooth.
- Mix in granulated sugar.
- Once mixed, whisk in eggs one at a time.
- Whisk in vanilla.
- Add in flour and salt and mix just until combined.
- Do not over mix.
- Spread half of the mixture onto the prepared baking pan.
- Scatter diced caramel filled eggs over the top.
- Spread remaining half of brownie mixture on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Make the ganache by heating cream just until steaming.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir until smooth and shiny.
- Let set for 2 minutes.
- Pour ganache over the top of cooled brownies.
- Sprinkle sprinkles over the top.
- Let set at room temperature just until the ganache starts to set, about 20 minutes.
- Cover loosely and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- When ready, cut into 12 brownies and serve.
Twix Caramel Blondie Brownies
Mint Truffle Brownies
Bomb Diggity Brownies
Fudgy Brownie Cookies
Connect with Des ~ Blog ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest ~ Twitter ~ Instagram