I hope y’all like chocolate because with these awesome gooey chocolate cookies, you are gonna get a lot of it! I am bringing you another recipe from my bridal shower cookbook! This amazing cookie recipe comes from my sister-in-law, Carrie! Carrie put a few delicious recipes in the book, but this cookie recipe just sounded too good to pass up! These cookies have lots of chocolate baked right into the dough and with the addition of the ooey gooey chocolate chunks, these are sure to satisfy your chocolate cravings and then some!
The only ONLY thing I might change next time is the cinnamon. I liked the flavor it added, but I’m not sure if I added too much accidentally or what, but I did feel it was a little much so next time I think I will cut the cinnamon in half or just leave it out.
Super Gooey Chocolate Drops
Makes 2 dozen cookies
– 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
– 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
– 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
– 1 cup packed light brown sugar
– 1 1/2 cups sugar
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 4 large eggs
– 2 tbs. buttermilk
– 1 cup flour
– 1/2 cup cocoa
– 1 tsp. cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put the butter, unsweetened, and semi-sweet chocolate in a bowl. Microwave until soft and mix together (or you can use a double boiler). Mix the light brown sugar, sugar, vanilla into the chocolate. Add the eggs and buttermilk and beat vigorously until the mixture is thick and glossy.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well-combined. Stir in the chocolate chips or chunks. Drop the batter in heaping tablespoons on a lined baking sheet. Bake for approximately 13 minutes or until cookies are soft and fudgey inside..