A few years ago I made some Simple Little Jellyfish Cookies and used an airbrush to shade them. Then later I made some Girly Bat Cookies and had the idea to combine the jellyfish cookies with the girly theme. I like the idea but thought we could add a few polka dots to make them even more girly.
Do you think we should make a few boy jellyfish cookies with bow ties and a mustache? You know, just to even the playing field?
Supplies to Make Cute Jellyfish Cookies:
Sugar Cookie Recipe
Royal Icing Recipe
Jellyfish Cookie Cutter
Mint and Electric Green mixed
Piping bags or decorating bottles fitted with a coupler and #2 decorating tip.
4mm Black Edible Pearls or black icing
Turkey Lacer or toothpicks
Royal Icing Flower
Petal DustBefore we begin, I wanted to share with you how I make a color palette sometimes. I open the college tab in PicMonkey and download a few images from my Color Inspiration board on Pinterest. Then I match some colors by adding a
- Begin by piping three thick lines for the jellyfish cookies legs. Don’t let the icing touch until it has time (about 10 minutes) to form a crust or the icing will become one large leg.
- While the icing is wet pipe a few polka dots on each leg.
- After the icing has crusted over, pipe a few more legs and let them dry for about 10 minutes.
- Outline the jellyfish cookies head.
- Optional-you can pipe a thick line above the leg or you can skip that part. I’m not sure which way I like it best. I think they’re both cute.
- Flood the jellyfishes head.
- While the icing is wet pipe a few blue polka dots on the top and add the 4mm black pearl eyes.
- Let the cookies dry for about an hour or so.
- Once the cookie has had time to dry, add a drop of royal icing to the back of a royal icing apple blossom flower and place it on the right side of the jellyfishes head.
- Add a drop of royal icing to the center of the flower and add a white Sixlet. The candy will look like a pearl that the sweet little clam cookies made for them.
I love under the sea cookies right now. Makes me want to go on vacation somewhere tropical or at least search the web to find some cute beach themed cookies. The water cookies used here were inspired by JillFCS cookies and the ocean theme friends were inspired by Sweet Sugar Belle. The starfish was mine and you can see the Starfish tutorial here. It is really simple to add personality and character to your cookies. Adding a royal icing flower can turn a simple jellyfish cookie into a cute little girl jellyfish. Do you have fun ways or tricks of adding character to your cookies? We would love for you to leave a comment and share your tips and tricks with us!